Wednesday 5 April 2023

A Hobby

 Hi Blogheads,

Today I'm going to tell you about my hobby - making music.

I began making music for the first time aged 12 when I started to learn to play guitar. I'd been writing poetry for a couple of years and I tried to turn my poems into songs. By the time I could play 2 chords I wrote my first song (the chords were C and Em7). I started playing in a rock band aged 16 and a Punk band aged 17. I played in bands for the 15 years and also starting making some house music until I decided to go to university as a mature student. 

Nowadays, my hobby mainly involves making music using a programme called Ableton Live. But sometimes I use guitar and keyboard. Very occasionally I sing:) I spend much of my free time making music. During the semester I don't always get a chance to make music every day but I will spend up to 10 hours doing my hobby on an average weekend.

I current have 2 musical projects. I still release songs as Experiment SH1310 (I have a new single out on Thursday) and I recently started releasing music with a Columbian designer who I met in China last year (we are making music at a distance!). The name of our band is Amateur Beauty.



On January 22nd later we released our first album and launched our website. On March 28th,  our 2nd album ABDB, a homage to pop singer David Bowie, came out. 



I enjoy this hobby because I lose myself in the music when I'm creating. It is almost like meditating and I love the sensation it creates. Also, now that my music is on Spotify and I-tunes its easier to share.

Write about a hobby you enjoy.

Say:

How long you have been doing your hobby,

What equipment you use,

What your hobby involves,

How often you do it,

Why you enjoy doing it.

Mention anything else you think is important or interesting. Try to write at least 150 words.

Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of at least 3 classmates.


11 comments:

  1. I like the vibes in this songs, it´s like mysterious, gloomy or something like this, also I play instruments too, and I have been in a band too, named Banda Andina, the songs we played her were like Los Jaivas or Inti-Illimani, I like so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Marce. Did you make any recordings? I have one song with an Andean vibe: you can listen here on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/2Cp8rqpJImT65ROFUnqdW7?si=5cd8a3a225c24860

      Delete
  2. I like that the people like music, more if make music.really is a fantastic talent, the first video i found gloomy and the song is like mystery, for the other way I think that the second video is more relax, the song is more pacific and maxe me feel calm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´m glad you liked it Cristobal. What music do you listen too?

      Delete
  3. I liked the last single "crime & punishment" cos sounds me like a soundtrack of a thriller movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Tomorrow I have a new single coming out.

      Delete
  4. Omg it´s a really good hobby, ABDB have a so strange beautiful vibe, i love it. It would be good for a nostalgic love movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. music always sets us free

    ReplyDelete
  6. It´s very cool that you belong to a band, have you ever played music in a theatre?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hobby It's very cool, the songs are very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hobby is great and yyour songs are very good. I was in a band at school

    ReplyDelete

The Blog Experience

Hi FAU Bloggers. Today it's time to write the final post, which is to evaluate your blog experience this semester.  Please write about i...