Wednesday 19 April 2023

A Holiday as a Child

I think the first time my family went on holiday I was about 9 or 10 years old. We went to a little village on the coast of the Irish Sea in North Wales called Criccieth. My family at that time consisted of 5 sisters and 2 brothers as my youngest brother, Ged, hadn’t been born yet. The cottage my parents rented was actually in the countryside about 5 miles from the coast. I remember seeing different landscapes and we did something different each day. My family loves walking and I remember us walking through fields and forests. On our walks, my father would tell us all about the different vegetation and wildlife (he knew a lot about trees, plants and birds). We also spent time on the beach. 

The great thing about the beach at Criccieth is that it has sandy parts that are great for paddling (or swimming if you are very brave - the water is freezing!) and other parts with rock pools. I remember playing in the rock pools and catching small crabs and shrimps. Criccieth also has a castle. For me as an 8-year old it was really fascinating and us visiting it was one of the highlights of the trip. I guess we stayed in Criccieth for about a week and it was in either July or August. Luckily, we had great weather and I remember having a great time. Here are the only 2 photos I have of that trip. I think this first photo is the only one of me and my brothers and sisters from that period.


Write about a holiday or special occasion you remember as a child.
Say:
Where and when it was,
Who was there,
What you did,
Why you remember this occasion.
Mention anything interesting or important. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that´s a big family!, a big family has big adventures, I like so much the beach, it´s so fun
    And great photos, I love appreciate old photos, they are like memories or moments that no one can forgot

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the beach Criccieth look very beautiful, i have always wanted visit a castle

    ReplyDelete
  4. in the picture, i think i saw an old castle, Criccieth looks a very old, I would like to visit it someday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beach at Criccieth looks very beautiful and wow u have a big family! That´s cool, I can't imagine what it would be like to go on holiday with so many siblings :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful memory, in the first photo the landscape is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Criccieth looks beautiful, I would like to go there in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is incredible the difference between the chilean beachs with english beachs, both have very cold water, but the most important the english beach have castles!!! amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a nice memory, and very nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I didn't know there was a castle on the beach! It's a cool picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful memory. I need to know that beach and that castle:)

    ReplyDelete

The Blog Experience

Hi FAU Bloggers. Today it's time to write the final post, which is to evaluate your blog experience this semester.  Please write about i...